top of page
Search

"I've Never Even Thought About It."

How many times have you answered a question this way?


I recently caught myself admitting in conversation what I had and hadn't considered as it relates to one of my future goals. I was shocked by this realization because I'm usually ahead of my thoughts. I also tend to stay on top of my goals, but in this particular instance I wasn't.


In this blog post I want to remind you to be intentional about your thoughts this season and every moment forward.


HERE'S WHY:


We've all heard the quote [and it happens to be one of my favorites]:

“Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” - Lao Tzu


I bring this up to emphasize that our growth and success all starts with our thoughts. Yeah there's more to it like execution, your circle, your resources, and skills to name a few.


But your beliefs...and more directly stated your thoughts...Well, they can either compound and propel us in a positive direction, leading you along the path to your best, or do the exact opposite.


Negative thinking and believing or not thinking at all can lead you to the practice of spinning your wheels. Habitually.


Here in BBYB we believe that not thinking about your future and not setting your intentions is just as detrimental as projecting negativity concerning your goals.


The "Why" is as simple as this:

  • When you set intentions toward a specific target, especially with positive focus, you're more likely to hit it.

Statistics report that only 20% of people set goals in general, which leaves 80% of the population who do not. Of the percentage of individuals who DO set goals, studies show that if you visualize them, 43% of people will achieve them.


Friends, this is just by envisioning what you want to achieve. Things you can achieve.


What's more intriguing to me is what happens when you take it a step further and you write out your goals. Individuals from the same study above are 61% more likely to achieve their goals by writing them down.



If you made it this far, here's the assignment.


I want you to stop and think about what you're thinking about often, because our thoughts are verbal expressions of what's on our minds. And more times than not the worst thoughts become our reality, because we verbalize them first, and think about what we've said second.


As we head into a new season [AKA a new year] I'm reminding you to take time and think about your goals, then set some intentions.


I have a resource readily available for you. I taught my approach and methodology on this in a goal setting webinar. Check it out here.


Until next time,

TDD




20 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page